Following surgery in hospital, Physiotherapy is a fundamental post surgery rehabilitation need in order for you to learn how to mobilise, start remedial exercises and become independent in the activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing. The support and facilitation that in patient Physiotherapy offers, as well as the detailed onward advice and provision of targeted home exercises to continue with once you are discharged, enable you to return to full function, manage your pain and maximise the goals set by you and your surgeon.
In patient services offered by Dr Ness Inc.
- Post spinal surgery for decompression, laminectomy, spinal fusion, craniotomy
- Post arthroplasty surgery , namely hip and knee replacement, upper and lower limb orthopaedic surgery
- General surgery, namely colorectal, laparotomy surgeries
- Oncological surgery, namely breast surgery, pelvic floor surgery
- Chest conditions such as COPD and pulmonary rehabilitation
Dr Ness Inc, works with the referring specialist during your stay in hospital, keeping in close communication with the medical team, updating on patient progress throughout your stay.
Pre-habilitation is a concept of starting rehabilitation prior to surgery, which makes your post-surgery journey smoother, at Dr Ness Inc. we encourage this idea of education and advice before admission, as we can run our battery of outcome measures, and use the same measures before discharge as an indication of progress made