Have you been diagnosed with cancer and are finding you are suffering with physical side effects of your treatment?
Oncology Physiotherapy is a discipline within the physiotherapy profession that focusses on the specific physical treatment of ailments relating to surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatments. In depth knowledge of current adjuvant therapies as well as the side effects for patients helps the Physiotherapist to target and moderate assessments and therapies to accommodate your journey. Cancer is the only disease where patients have to attend a centre for treatment for over 6 months, the medium and long term side effects of therapy have a myriad of manifestations.
The multidisciplinary communication between the therapist, the surgeon and oncology team that Dr Ness Inc. upholds streamlines patients care and ensures your needs are considered throughout treatment.
Out team are confident and have post graduate training in the assessment and treatment of the following conditions:
- Cardiac rehabilitation and exercise prescription
- Pulmonary rehabilitation for lung cancer
- Radiation fibrosis stiffness and joint dysfunction
- Spinal pain
- Gait re-education
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Ergonomic assessment and work station posture correction for computer and office set up
- Women’s health, pelvic floor assessment and treatment for incontinence